Wednesday, July 29, 2015


Alive Again

For all of you who sit in cubicles, work out of your car, or slave over a hot stove day after day, enjoy this picturesque reminder that God’s handiwork is all around us to quicken our spirits within.  If time and funds allow, try to spend at least a day on a beach yet this summer and be reminded that even the seas declare the glory of God.  I wrote this little poem for my wife’s birthday a few years back, since she grew up in Florida and the coast never failed to awaken her awareness of the One who made her.  Enjoy!

The Beach
by Tim Dommer

At first sight of the blue horizon, 
the smell of the ocean’s salty breezes 
and the sounds of lapping waves 
as they caress the coast:
I am alive again.

Left behind are dreamless days; 
I walk along the contoured sand 
while gritty pathways ‘neath my feet 
remind me of my Father’s love. 
His thoughts toward me 
outnumber every grain. 
I am alive again.

Here it is that I’m a child— 
shoeless on this holy ground. 
I think that nowhere else on earth 
can make me long for heaven’s shores 
quite like this beautiful display. 
I am alive again.          
                                                                                     
Confronted by such evidence 
of my unique significance,
I join the symphony
of this vast sanctuary: 
“The seas have lifted up their voice…” 
I raise my hands in newborn wonder. 
I am alive again.  


tad



No comments:

Post a Comment